Wondering how the ResQwalk app works? Don’t worry… Clark Kent has answers!
Over the past few months, Clark Kent has been patiently awaiting his furever home. (He’s available for adoption through Rock & Rawhide and A Pathway to Hope). Lucky for us, while hanging out in the summer sun, he’s also become an expert ResQwalker and is ready to share his knowledge with you! So, without further ado…The 6 Most Common ResQwalk Questions Answered (by Clark Kent):
1. How is the monthly ResQpool divided up?
The monthly ResQpool is divided up amongst ALL animal welfare organizations on the ResQwalk app proportional to how many miles each organization’s supporters walked over the course of the month. For example, if an animal welfare organization’s supporters walk 10% of the total miles walked in a month then that organization receives 10% of the ResQpool for that month.
2. Is ResQwalk limited to walking (with a dog)?
No. You can participate in any distance-related activity, such as walking, running or biking, as long as the activity can be measured by GPS and involves a speed of less than 14 mph. ResQwalk does not work with stationary equipment such as a treadmill or elliptical.
3. How is the monthly ResQpool of money funded?
Our generous corporate partners fund the monthly ResQpool. These companies receive advertising space on the ResQwalk app in exchange for their contribution.
4. How does the app’s “Goal” feature work?
The app provides you with the option to create weekly distance goals based on your personal fitness objectives. Once your goal is met, we frequently reward your success with prizes, special offers and opportunities to win additional resources for animals in need.
5. What if I don’t see my favorite animal welfare organization listed on the app?
Click here to recommend your favorite animal welfare organization. Please keep in mind that we only currently support registered animal welfare organizations in the United States and Canada.
6. How do I change the animal welfare organization I’m walking in support of?
Follow these steps:
1. Go to the “Start ResQwalk” screen.
2. Tap the upward facing arrow in the white rectangular space at the bottom of the screen.
3. Click “Find More ResQs”
4. Type the name of the group you’re looking for.
5. Tap “Follow” to the right of their name / logo on the list
6. Tap the arrow in the upper lefthand corner
7. Tap your group’s logo from your list of saved groups.
8. Hit “Start ResQwalk”
By Bailey Schroeder, ResQwalk Founder